Friday, July 1, 2011

Mira

Mira was born February 5, 2009 Her mother's name was star and all 8 puppies were named after stars.  She was 8 weeks old when I brought her home from the shelter. When I went to the cove with her she immediately went into the water. I had a swimming partner. I also found out Mira loved to fetch. She went after anything I threw and brought it back. She is smart and has more energy than any dog I have had. We go on walks every day, usually to the cove. She swims in the water in winter when the water temperature is  in the forties. 
I have a lot of dog stories. The last one of interest happened Monday June 27th. The sun was out and it was hot. After working in the garden Mira and i went to Pitcher Cove to swim. The tide was coming in but not enough water for me to get in for my swim so I planed to throw the ball to Mire for a while. When I got to the bank, a duck flew up and headed for the water. Mira took after it, the duck about 20 feet in front of Mira. I noticed the duck didn't fly out of the water so I came to the conclusion it was a young duck unable to fly. In a short time the duck with Mira  in pursuit, was on the other side of the cove, my guess about a half mile away. My eye sight for distance is not good. I could hear the duck quacking. I am standing  there wondering how I am going to get her back and I can't get to where she is. Then I heard a voice behind me and turned to see  my neighbor.  I asked him if he could see my dog on the far shore and he said he could see her running between two men clamming.  Apparently she found the men more interesting then the duck. He said that was his boat in the mud in front of me and one of the clammers  close to us was his son. They were about to quit digging as the water was rising over the flats. So I asked my neighbor if  he would please help me. The son got into the boat and was over to the other side of the cove in a few minutes and my neighbor who could see what was happening said they got Mira, who was still running back and forth in the water, into the boat. The son came back slowly,  Mira  has not been in a boat but she did not jump out and they arrived without mishap to our side. Mira ran up to me and wanted to play ball. After that experience she wasn't  even tired. I thanked the guys and they left. I threw the ball into the water and played with Mira for a while. After I had my swim we when home. I call what happened synchronicity. A situation occurred  that i would have had difficulty retrieving my dog and some one showed up that could help me. I have this happen to me a lot, I am aware of it, grateful and I thank all that were involved, seen and unseen. 

P1010044
Mira 10 weeks old

 


P1010017

MIra and Tippy

 


P1010073

The cove I live near. Mira on the rock

 


P1010023

In the water

 


P1010041

A beautiful face

 

No comments: