Friday, July 8, 2011

house on Back Cove

July 8 2011
There is a house on my road that is very appealing to me. It is a classic  one and a half story New England house,  It has been rented by various people over the years and many times it is vacant.  The barn was in such bad shape that is was taken down last year. 
 When our dog Moca was alive, I walked him every night before I went to bed. It is especially beautiful when the the landscape is lit by moon light. I have only painted two night scenes, "December Moon" being one, and also one of my favorites. I like the shadow of the house caused by the moon light  and the light reflecting from the inside of the house on the snow outside. 

December-moon

December Moon  sold

"House early Summer" is a small painting, one I plan to keep. By the road is a wet area of  grass, ferns and bushes. I love ferns and these ferns are bright green.    

P1010005

house early summer acrylic 8x12.

 

"Laundry Day"  The only tenants that lived there and hung the laundry out to dry on a clothes line.  This is a beautiful fall day with the laundry  being blown  by the wind. 


P1010479

Laundry Day wc 10x14

 

"Leaning  Barn, Winter" I love all the seasons. I wouldn't want to live in a place where there was no snow in the winter. There have been winters when we get  a lot of snow. There is no need to plow when there is only a few inches. There must have been a car that came in and out to make the tracks in the snow. The car by the barn looks like it needs to be shoveled out .

Learning_barn_winter_wc_14x21

Leaning Barn Winter wc 14x21

:Vacant House"  This was painted at a time when no one lived in the house. The sky and landscape give the scene a lonely feeling.

P1010007

Vacant House 16x20  Sold

"Windswept"  This is one of my favorite paintings. Once in a while there is a storm when the snow is dry and light . After the roads and driveways have been  plowed if the wind is still strong it blows the snow into drifts back into the roads.  When that happens I have to get out as soon as possible and take some pictures because the plows come back and plow the drifts  to clear the roads. In this scene there wasn't much snow. The wind blew the snow off the ground in some places and I liked the patterns of exposed earth and snow covered ground.
Audreyspaintings433

 

No comments: