Thursday, July 28, 2011

island granite

July 28 2011
Island Granite is one of my favorite paintings. The summer after Charlie died my friend Gudie invited me to stay with her on an island off of Stonington. She was caretaker of  about 10 islands  that were part of a reserve .  She stayed in a cabin on the island Saddleback, 75 acres of trees with granite shoreline. My favorite subject to paint is rocks. My father built a house near Old Garden Beach in Rockport MA when I was three.  I guess my love of rocks began then. The memory of my little vacation on Saddleback will be with me forever. I had three  perfect days there.

Island Granite sold

Monday was a perfect day for a painting trip, the first one this summer. A friend and myself  went to Birch Park where I painted this watercolor.
 
P1010478

Rocks at Birch Park wc 13x21

 

No comments: