Monday, July 4, 2011

celebrations

It is the 4th of July. The sun 's heat is burning off the fog and the air has a salty smell from the breeze off the water. Yesterday as I drove home from the jazz jam my car broke down and had to be towed to a garage not far from where i live, so I will not be able to leave  Back Cove  until I get my car back. The Slawsons, my neighbors who spend most of their time in Rockland will be coming over latter for a picnic. 
Doug came up from Amesbury for a couple of days  this past week and he built my duck cage. I have to  put on  wire and make some doors. I had't seen Doug since my 75th birthday party  that was held at the Annex  when the April jazz jam  took place. I dressed for the celebration as you see me in the photo. Doug is behind me. The band played some of Charlie's compositions. There was good food and wonderful people there to celebrate with me. Patience baked the cake and Louise  painted my portrait from photos her husband took of me at various Tidemark openings. I read some inspirational poems after blowing out the candles on the dark, rich, chocolate cake. Everyone there  made it a momentous celebration for me. 
The balloons from the party, in the 2nd photo, are hanging from my ceiling. On this day they are still inflated and that is amazing to me. The sculpture  is by Joyce Zarine.  We had a show together at the Newburyport Art Assoc. years ago and we traded. I . I look at that sculpture every day and love it. I feel honored to have one of her pieces. 
"Beyond Reason" is another painting of the 911 series. The town, flag and myself are reflected in the storefront glass. 
May you all be together with friends and family today. 

P1010294

Audrey and Doug

 


P1010723

balloons

 


Beyondreason

Beyond Reason

 http://www.bechler-arts.com/audrey/paintings/newwork_fr.html

No comments: