Monday, July 18, 2011

marsh scenes

July 18 2011
There is a lot to do outside but it is too hot to work in the sun. I went for one swim and I am going for another as soon as I post this log.
I am a member of Art Space Gallery in Rockland and I have to hang  about 10 new paintings in the August show. I just finished "Cottage on the River" The head of the Medomak River is in Waldoboro. There is some marsh along the river bank where I painted this scene. Rockland is a tourist town and an art Mecca , with about twenty galleries and a great little museum.  All the galleries close in the winter.  As the expression goes "You have to make hay when the sun shines ." So I exhibit  Maine landscapes in the Art Space shows.

P1010388

cottage on the river acrylic 12x24


"Road across the Marsh" was painted for the wet painting action in Newburyport .Mocha stands in the road. The marsh grass turns red in the fall.

Road-across-the-marsh_2

road-across-the-marsh   sold

 

No comments: