Friday, June 10, 2011

June 9, 2011

This is a perfect June day. I will be working in the garden. The ground is wet from yesterdays thunder storms, so I will wait a few hours to let it dry out enough to dig in. My back is sore. To much exercise at once. Yesterday was hot so I went to the cove and had my first swim, actually I just floated on the top of the water where the water was warmer. It felt great and I cooled off fast. Walking the dog every day gives me the opportunity to observe my surroundings. The fields are covered with buttercups and the lupine are coming into blossom.
My favorite painting I will talk about is Cabbage and broccoli leaves. It was a cabbage growing in my garden. I love the way cabbages grow. When they are small the center reminds me of a rose. I plant my vegetables close together and as they grow they entwine with the other plants. In this painting the broccoli is covering the cabbage and also a few weeds are poking through. The painting was sold so I just have the image of it. Most of the time in the garden is spent weeding, so I get to watch the plants grow.

No comments: