Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16 2011

The sun was out yesterday and the night was clear so I saw the full moon. It was cold so I didn't walk the dog. I like to take night walks especially in June when the fire flies are out,  moving  pulsating lights in the dark over the field. Yesterday was a windy day and I stopped to watch the tall grass in the field as the wind moved it, undulating waves, another magical sight. Today is warm and sunny and I will work in the garden until I go to Tidemark in the afternoon to sit the gallery. I took a picture of a duck. They are growing fast and the box I have them in is to small. They are starting to get feathers  but can not go outside yet.




My favorite paintings for todays post are two of my son's paintings. I don't get to see him very often because he lives in Eugene OR. I was out there a couple years ago and he had a lemon in a still life. I made my own set up with the lemon and painted lemon and squash. I love his lemon on the bottle and another small painting with the pomegranate.

No comments: