Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12 2011

Sunday and it is a cold wet day. I started a fire in the woodstove. The heat feels good. The dog is lying close to the stove. She also enjoys the warmth. Today I can rest my back and do some painting.  Last night, Saturday, there was a great opening at Tidemark Gallery in Waldoboro. The guest artist Julian Sacks has been my friend for years.  All his friends and family were there plus others and the gallery was stuffed with people. I love to see what everyone wears. The artists members bring the food which is always great. After the event I went to Julian's home for more food and good conversation.
My favorite painting for today is January Moon, acrylic 18x24.  sold. The winter before last was very warm about 45 degrees daytime temperature. There was a little snow in December and no snow for the rest of the winter. I was able to walk with my dog down to the cove. I love to be out when the moon is full and this scene depicts the moon rising over the cove and reflecting in the low tide channel of water. Normal winters the snow is to deep to get to the cove. It is interesting that my neighbors who have a summer house on the cove were at the opening last night and bought a print of this painting.

No comments: