Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17/11

This is a good day to work in the garden so I will just give a description of my favorite painting wich is Wild Crab Apple. A couple of years ago I visited my son Chris in Eugene OR. I was there three weeks during the Christmas  season and I painted every day in Chris's studio. Chris taught me his method of oil painting. I was really into it and painted eighteen  good paintings. The  crab apple was in my field in Maine and I took a photo of it in full bloom. I was a little afraid to attempt this scene with the large area of field. I was very happy with the result. Chris works on many paintings at once and builds up the color by glazing. I painted his method and started all my paintings at once painting on each one a shot time each day. I was amazed that I finished them all.

No comments: