Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18/11

Saturday June 18
Another drizzly day. I haven't cut the grass for two weeks. The garden takes priority. Yesterday I planted potatoes, beets and carrots. The peas are breaking though the ground, and I pray they don't get eaten by bugs. Lettice is ready to eat and I have been eating kale for a month. We have had so much rain and cool weather that the vegetables are hardly growing. The weeds on the other hand are thriving. So much for gardening. It is a love hate relationship.
My favorite paintings for today are small 5x7 acrylic paintings. I did ten small paintings for a Christmas show. They were very inexpensive and fortunately I only sold one. I gave two away and I will keep the rest. A small painting takes me just as long to paint as a larger one. They are not sketches. I like the small paintings as much as large 3x4 feet. It is the quality, the design, the feeling in the painting. Small paintings are intimate. You have to be close to them to appreciate the detail. Spring on the Cove I gave to Chris's daughter. It is hard to let go of paintings I like. With all the wonderful technology I have prints of the paintings that have sold.

No comments: