Tuesday, August 30, 2016

photos of Charlie

Charlie had a wonderful face but he would never sit for me.

Sometimes I go through friend's photos on face book. It is interesting that most people take photos of important events like family gatherings, birthdays, etc, a record of their loved ones. I always take photos of things that interest me that can be a painting. Everyday I go outside I take my camera. I observe everything, there is so much beauty and interesting things to look at. You might say observing life is my main focus in life. However I have taken some  photos of my family and friends. I start with Charlie. Hope you enjoy seeing some of the people in my life. I will post more latter.

Nancy made this hat for Charlie, now Doug wears it

We were married July 22, 1961

Charlie and Moka. Charlie always wore a hat, because our house in Newburyport was always cold.
 The house in Maine was warmer but Charlie continued to wear his hat.


Charlie took lots of naps. Our house was not always warm.

Charlie spent every day composing music. He had great knowledge of  musical composition. He never just played for the sake of playing. He loved to play with other musicians.


The painting on the wall is a painting I did of a jazz jam

Xar was a student when she started playing with Charlie

Charlie's last days. He died May 7, 2007

Mike took over the jams

The jaz james moved to Thomaston ME

Listening to the drummer

break time at the jam

Xar with her base at a jam in Thomaston


Mike's solo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great! I love seeing my Uncle Charlie!