Sunday, September 11, 2016

sunday trip

building in Brownsvile, interesting shadows
Today was the trip to Brownsville, a town that looks something like it did when it was  settled about1850. It was a busy place with a woolen mill, a gris mill and a lumber mill. Lucy for us the museum was open and that was very interesting. We went to the park for our picnic lunch and found a huge dog show going on. I enjoyed seeing the dogs. The bus from Ya Po Ah holds 14 people and it was full.
Now it is the end of summer, shorter days, still warm and I ride to the river every day and take a dip in the river. I have been painting some. Nothing turning out very good but I still enjoy the effort, different subjects I have to integrate into my mind. Life is easy and simple, all the time in the world to do what I want when I want, no responsibilities, enough money, I never realized I would live like this. I enjoy all my time, observing everything. My days are full. I am thankful, grateful,  that I can enjoy life as I am now.

on the way

calapooia river at the park








People drive from all over for dog shows and they camp in comfort.

it is like a western town

nothing open, nobody around

I guess everyone was at the dog show


No comments: