Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR These are stormy times. Storms are a part of nature, they bring change and clear the air. Breath in and believe we are moving into a beautiful world and it will become a beautiful world.
I  published my 2016 Christmas letter on my plogspot. I also print out the letter to mail to old friends and relatives. The printed letters have an image of one of my paintings as you would see on a Christmas card. These images I chose for this year. Explanation for choice under painting image.
 Some of the paintings were painted years ago, some recent.
I associate snow with Christmas and here it is green. Some trees lose there leaves, a lot don't and the lichens make them look greenish, so no paintings of Eugene in winter.
This is one of my favorite houses in Waldoboro village and I have painted it numerious times in different seasons.


This house on Back Cove Rd  is on Pitcher Cove and I painted it from all sides.  It was remodeled and is no longer the same house

I made more paintings of this house then any other house on Back Cove. It was vacant for years. The new owners added a ..addition same style and I continued to make paintings of it

Scene on drive from Eugene to Ashland throug the pass.

The clildren made paper bird tree ornaments and I saved this one. Painted  in  my Waldoboro  studio. One of my favorite paintings.

I chose this painting because it could be anywhere where there is some snow.

This is our house on Back Cove, the mudroom entrance, painted a log time ago.

Another winter scene that could be anywhere

This is the road from Waldoboro center to Back Cove Rd, similar to many back roads.

This is also a generic scene. It is pines along a river. One of my  favorites

1 comment:

Art_n_tech said...

Wonderful paintings! Love them! From Ruth Trussell.