Monday, April 3, 2017

the old passes away, and life renews itself



I just found out the Reed Mansion in Waldoboro burned to the ground. I feel sad that beautiful , elegant structure is gone. I looked up at it and walked by so many times. Charlie and I knew Bill Reser, who owned it when we moved to Waldoboro, went to parties there, and I saw it when it was restored. It had a great history, built when Waldoboro was a thriving town. It is interesting to me how places come into existence, peak, and deteriorate. how civilizations  rise and fall, leaving behind great art and structures. great advancement in art and science are birthed, and like life itself expire. The energy that made them vibrant disappears and the humans that follow loose appreciation and knowledge.I cried when in the middle east the arts and records were destroyed. I like to learn about ancient history, knowledge lost from civilizations that were greater then the one we live in, or civilizations  advancing in different ways then we have. There is no going back, and in a world of chaos, that we are living through now, will come a new way. Somewhere in the future someone will dig up an I phone and wonder what it is.
I  thought I would give you assurance of spring for it is in progress here.I love that it comes slowly and the trees and plants stay in blossom longer. There is more rain than sun and the temperature  is in the fifties.

Reed Mansion











fallen petals
fallen petals
there are many rainbows
wildflower
wildflower in woods
lenten rose,  helleborus,  very common here



No comments: