Wednesday, April 26, 2017

One year at Ya Po Ah


Spring Morning
from my window on the 14th floor

One year ago I moved into my studio apartment on the14 floor of  Ya Po AH  Terrace. I was pleasantly surprised to meet many interesting people and I participate in some of the activities, Tai Chi, the philosophy group, and the many scheduled events at YaPoAH and trips to the coast and around Eugene. The park and river is on the back side of Ya Po Ah and down town on the front side. I have one of the many garden plots where the residents grow vegetables and flowers.This area is beautiful with many older homes, of the victorian style. I couldn’t be living in a better place in Eugene for my artistic satisfaction.
Last year spring was warm and sunny, this spring is cooler and rainy. Because of the milder climate there are many more kinds of plants, trees and flowers. Spring here is magnificent. I get so much pleasure from walking around and looking at everything. Everything grows profusely , the bushes and hedges are trimmed into round and rectangular shapes, so different from the wild way plants are left to grow in Maine. I have put images on my blogspot so you can see what I am trying to explain. Every day I take a walk at least a half hour. I read, paint, and look at other artists art on the internet. There is so much great art out there I am humbled. I listen to Democracy Now and research stuff, like ancient civilizations ,archeology and spiritual information. The time goes by quickly. I am free as I alway have been to do what I want when I want. I go to Chris’s farm when the weather is better about once a week and I hang out there and paint for a couple of hours. Chris is a wonderful cook and I get to have a great meal at his house, which is 10 minutes drive from Ya Po Ah, may be once or twice a month. There are no financial worries, which was always a problem in my entire life up to now although Charlie and I alway had what we needed, and we did make our living doing what we loved to do. 
The one problem that I have is what to do with all my paintings that are in storage. I may donate them to a non profit organization where they can be sold or auctioned off an I will get  a percentage. I have to do something.I plan to talk to a gallery owner where Chris has had his work and see what help I can get.
My health is OK but my energy is nothing like it was before I had congestive heart failure and of course the pace maker saved my life. Now it is slow and easy.  I love life and I love living, and I am thankful for every day, for the beauty of my suroundings and for the interaction of the people around me. So that is it in a nut shell. 
I am looking forward to a trip to ME in the summer. Doug and Christina are living in my house in Waldoboro so it will be good to go back to my old home.


hazel nut trees

maple tree blossoms ,  edible

wild flowers


Path on Skinner Butte

Ya Po Ah















1 comment:

Rebecca Wish Esche said...

Audrey, I'm so glad to hear of your happiness, the ease of your life and your gratitude. Keep on inspiring your readers and viewers of your art with your appreciation for your new life. Thank you. Love, Rebecca