Monday, September 19, 2016

Home in Maine

my home in Maine


Mira resting with her paws crossed

Lucy came over with Mira and we went for a walk. I emailed to Lucy some photos of Mira when she was a puppy. I got her when she was 8 week old. I started looking at photos of my home in Maine and when I do that I some times cry because I love where I lived and I miss the place. For me it is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I am so thankful I lived there for 32 years. It was hard to let it go. The place is a part of me.  Memories are not the same as being there , experiencing the wholeness of a place, sights, sounds, weather, fog and sun, heat and cold. Nature has always been my companion, fills me with peace and awe. I would sit on the rocks of the shore of the cove being very thankful for the beauty all around me. Doug and Christina now own the house. I do not know how they will experience the cove. I do hope they will love it there.
Below a few of the many paintings made of my property on Back Cove

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey: you must take comfort in knowing that your beloved home will remain in your family. Such "love of place" ensures that you will forever be a part of Back Cove and Back Cove will forever be a part of you. Love, Love, Love.

Anonymous said...

Audrey: you must take comfort in knowing that your beloved home will remain in your family. Such "love of place" ensures that you will forever be a part of Back Cove and Back Cove will forever be a part of you. Love, Love, Love.

Katherine Dunn/Apifera Farm said...

Hi Audrey. I understand the sadness you have. I left my old farm in Oregon in May, we brought 90% of our animals across the country to a house we'd never seen in person, in Bremen. It is a lovely place, and I'm adjusting, but I underestimated the sense of loss I'd have-of what we left, the animals buried in the ground there, memories, the land we worked... I wished I could have met yu before you left here. I think it will take me years to adjust. I think you are brave.