Thursday, October 6, 2016

People in our lives Thanks for love and friendship

Pam Posed for me
Five months have gone by since I have been living at Ya Po AH in Eugene OR. A couple of years of  remarkable life changes, from a near death experience to a move across the country. When you get to my age there is a lot to reflect on, the experiences  of life, the ups and downs, rolled up and stored somewhere in the brain, mixed up and perhaps for the most part forgotten. Enough are remembered  to say, did I learn anything from from those experiences. Of course learning is on going and change is  constant, things are the same familiar patterns, but move on to something different. I have accomplished very little since I have been here. Lots of time to think or not think.  Now I have few responsibilities, no walking the dog, mowing the lawn, keeping the house heated, dealing with bills that I might not have enough money for. I have feelings of guilt  because I have time and freedom to do whatever I want. How ridiculous, it is what most people want.
 All the people at Ya Po Ah are 62 or older.  I am curious to know what these people’s lives are about, what they have done in their lives, what their professions were.I have met many interesting people here and observed many kinds of people on the streets. I have never been around so many people. They are friendly and helpful. Many people outside, walking, riding bikes, sitting with friends in cafes. When I am on my bike, I pass a man sitting on a bench staring ahead. He is there almost every time I go to the river. There are so many homeless people in Eugene and I wonder how did they get to be homeless.

I have had a good life, and I am thankful and appreciative for everything I have experienced. I do not know why I have been given so much. I hear of other peoples problems, with family, jobs, etc. I had a great marriage, two loving sons  and their mates, that have done everything for me. It amazes me. Doug and Christopher rebuilt the old house in Maine. After I agreed to move to Eugene, Diane investigated the low housing programs and through her we  found Ya Po Ah. I would never have made it to Eugene without without the help of Doug and Christina  packing all my stuff, mostly paintings and then Doug driving  the truck across the country. What a fantastic experience that was. All the people that contributed to the Go Fund Me enabled me to have money to pay for the cross country trip. Alice daughter of my friend Pam sponsored a show in Newburyport at the art association and I was able to return to the East Coast for that and to be in Maine again. These are just the recent things that have happened in my life. It gives me pleasure to have friends respond to my blogspot, even though I am not good responding on facebook. So for all the people that I know and have known I honer you all. I am grateful for your friendship, help and kindness. It is the people in our lives that enrich our lives, that give meaning and purpose to our lives, that help us be better people, that help through hard times and be with us to celebrate the joys. It is the energy of love that binds us together. For all those that have contributed to my life's journey, I thank you now and I am sorry if I did not express my appreciation sooner. 



Chris sketching
Doug carving
Iris and her niece
Charlie napping

                                                               I rarely took photos of gatherings
Chris and Diane 
Doug and Christinaa
 brothers

working on the house





Nancy and Doug
Charlie and Jane

Alice
Diane, Doug, Charlie, Audrey, and dog Mocha at Pemaquid
Thanksgiving potluck, table extented into porch room
Thanksgiving
Christmas season

No comments: