Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ya Po Ah 1414




Saturday outside market

Ya Po Ah , the building I live in is the tallest building in Eugene, 18 floors and I live on the 14th. I have taken many photos as I walk around town and as you can imagine Ya Po Ah can be seen from many places. Everythink I observe I think in terms of the potential subject for a painting. So far I have made a few bad watercolors at Chris's farm. I have never painted city buildings so I am letting the sights settle in my mind, getting familiar with everything. The streets are wider, there are bike lanes, many parking lots, sidewalks with grass on each side, everything landscaped, beautiful trees and bushes, no central down town, business spread out in different parts of town, mixed in with residential dwellings. There are many beautiful parks, some follow the river. I hope you looked at the photos of the rose garden. As you can tell my environment is my inspiration. 
The people at Ya Po Ah are friendly and I have meet them in the elevator, the dinning room, the garden, and about, some with their little dogs in tow. I have joined the philosophy group,  the tai chi  exercise class,  and  have been to all the Saturday night movies. Chris bring me to the farm once a week. I have changed over the Social security to the a bank here, got the medicare changed to OR and I now have a doctor and a pharmacy close by.  Things are coming together. I hope I am not boring you with my descriptions. I need to keep in touch with all of you, my tie to ME


Ya Po Ah in background



Ya Po Ah on right background

bike lanes and road signs



Walnut rasin bread, slicing turnips, zucchini, an onion the size of a head of cabbage and carrots.

1 comment:

viewscaper said...

Your photographs and descriptions are wonderful, Audrey. I for one light up when I see you've posted anew on your blog.
Our connections are double ended and its great to 'keep in touch' with you.

This week I am selecting pieces for your Miles Hospital Show so I can make up the price list.
love you, Jane