Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Painting in Eugene


I have always liked to paint architecture and nature. At first in Eugene, I said I don't like the buildings. I like the plants but they are all manicured, trimmed, round and square. I love the color and all the activities, people everywhere. Then I began to see the shapes more abstractly and slowly began to absorb the environment. I am a slow mover but I learn from repeated exposure. I get to know my subject before I can paint it. I fall in love with places and objects. My vision changed. I look at the way other artist paint city scenes, and landscapes similar in what I now live in. All the looking and absorbing takes time but I will keep painting .
Swimming in the
river WC 14 x 21
City trees

Crossing

Skinner's butte


House at Marshall Pt Maine

Old factory

Orange Car

Pink Victorian 

River Scene

Spring Flowers on the Butte

Street Talk


Tree Shadow

Under

Wires



No comments: