Monday, October 2, 2017

road and sidewalk signs and details


Since moving to Eugene one of the things that fascinates me are the wide streets and road signs. Back in Waldoboro Maine streets are narrow, two lane, winding, and up and down hills. One is lucky to have a white line at the edge of the road and a line in the middle of the road. Passing is taking your life in your hands. I have taken about 200 photos of the streets and sidewalks and all of the signs , culverts, water drains etc. I plan to make some paintings. I love the abstract shapes and details.

I remember a few days ago that I have a book of photos taken by Arnold Newman. He gave a class at a photography school in Rockport Maine, a town close to Waldoboro and I went over and had my book signed by him. He also liked road signs so I include a couple of his. 

my shadow








interesting light





freshly painted arrows and the yellow car was parked there


samon design in circle





phote of wall with bike rider pasing by on street


imprint of oak leaves on sidewalk





interesting symble in round cover





bike path
bucking bronco or use your imagination








No comments: