Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's day

Scotch Broom  Chris's farm
 My last post was a month ago and now it is Father’s Day. It has been a cool spring with more rain then usual. Normal is not normal anymore. Today was beautiful and I went to the river to check out the water for swimming, still very cold. Went by the rose garden and walked about. Everything in bloom now, reminds me of Monet’s paintings of his gardens. Everything is lush and grows in profusion. Christopher has a vegetable garden at the farm and I have never seen cabbages and broccoli as big as his . The leaves are two feet across and the cabbage heads are fully developed about ten inches in diameter. 
I go to the Saturday market to buy any vegetables I don’t grow. This is the height of strawberry season. I get out and walk everyday and I have my own little garden plot. Lots of things to do here, the time zips by. I have made my plane flight and I will leave for Maine July 11 and return to Eugene August 15. Hope to see everyone when I get back East. Chris will be in Maine for a week during the time I am there so we will all be together as a whole family and I look forward to that. Doug as you know owns my house in Maine and he has been working on it since he and Christina moved there last summer. The upstairs attic bedrooms are finished and the house and barn have a foundation. I believe he has pictures on Face book of the work in progress. I am sending lots of photos, better then words can describe.
Weathervane


Chris's step daughter Haley

Haley is a dancer. This is Friday Art walk entertainment


Saturday market

boxes of strawberries under table

beautiful displays

lots of carrots


my peas

Chris's broccoli

Chris's cabbage



me in the water at the river

geese and goslings

A little early to do this. Floating down the river, cold water


wading

The rose garden













2 comments:

Rebecca Wish Esche said...

Thanks, Audrey. Hope to see you around town when you visit Newburyport! I always enjoy your blog pieces.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Audrey, everything is so lush! We have had a very extremely damp and cool spring too. Can't wait to see you in July! We miss you.