Sunday, March 5, 2017

abstraction with geometry

Back in art school the design class taught  composition., which is the arrangement of shapes, values and colors into a unified, balanced  picture. We learned the golden section and the fibonacci sequence as a way to divide retangles into sections. I became interested in the geometric shapes and numbers  when I got a book on the crop circles. I can divide a circle from 3 , the triangle to 9 sides called a nonagon.
I work out my sacred geometry designs on 8x11 graft paper with a small pencil compass  I work them out through trial and error. The geometric shapes are as accurate as possible, with what I have to work with. I then transfer to large canvas with charcoal stick tied to a thread. At this point I have no idea about colors or values. I get ideas from other artists paintings that I research from the internet or from my books. These paintings take me a while to design and paint. There is a lot of colors tried and painted over.  The drawings, below the other artists works, are what I have been working on  recently. Most of my paintings and supplies are in storage. Christina took me over the other day and I now have some canvas to paint on and 3 of my  paintings that I hung  up in my alcove. I have painted over 50 sacred geometry paintings.

art that I look at to get ideas for shapes and colors











I like Bonnards colors



geomertic drawings















1 comment:

viewscaper said...

Love this posting, Audrey.
We are proud to own one of your very cool and beautiful sacred geometry pieces along with our wonderful marine and landscape paintings. Love Jane & Clayton Herbert