Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Show time


Here I am in the Newburyport Art Association hanging the show. Even though many years have gone by since I had a show here it seems like yesterday to me. Time is a funny thing. The mind is always in the now but the body proves the passage of time. My friend Alice did all the preparation, a great job with the publicity, articles in every paper,  describing my involvement  from the time the art association building was purchased back in the seventies. Doug and Alice hung the paintings. It always takes a while  to arrange them. The abstracts in one section  are paintings from the sacred geometry series of which I did fifty paintings. The other paintings are scenes of Maine and a few of Amesbury where Doug lives. The show is one week and ends Sunday July 3rd. There is a reception Thursday  June 30,  from 5 to 8. With all the publicity I am expecting a good crowd and hopefully people I haven't seen for many years. It will be interesting to see people that bough my paintings when I lived in Newburyport long ago. 
I have been posting my adventures of the move from Maine to Eugene OR for those that are interested, my way of keeping in touch in this age of technology.







No comments: