Friday, February 19, 2016

The unknown future.

Today is the reception for my show at Savory Restaurant.
As you all know last August I visited Christopher and said I would move to Eugene OR. I have lived and painted in Maine mostly on back Cove for thirty years. I am alone most of the time working on my paintings. I never had a lot of friends. People knew me or of me because they saw me painting outside or walking my dogs and saw my work in galleries and other places.When it was known that I am moving, people that like my work came forward offering shows and to tell you the truth I am surprised so many do know of me because I have never been good at promoting myself and have never sort fame or fortune as the saying goes. As my son says I am a lover of my own paintings, as he impresses on me as we sort threw the work and I have so many that I want to keep. The ones I love he is not so impressed with and I guess it is all subjective. So now I have things lined up, a show in Newburyport, MA, a show at Miles Hospital, a talk for the Historical Society and I may not be in ME when these shows are scheduled. The big problem still remains to find a place to store the painting when I leave which I believe will happen this spring or early summer. Sumner wants to have a museum gallery for my paintings, in his building in Waldoboro, which was Fernald's 5 and 10. This is all good and well except Waldoboro, a town I love is not known my many people and has very few visitors, and as I am not a famous artist how do you attract the art lovers to this town. Not to say it can't be done. I am a believer in miracles. I love the people that want the best for me and I know it will come together in the end because it always has and always will, for the good of me and everyone else. Right now the possibilities are unknown. Everything will happen when the time is right. It is called synchronicity.


some Favorite paintings

Farm Road 20 x 24   sold

Cabbage and Broccoli Leaves  14 x 21   sold

Bedroom  31 x 22

Breakfast Table  32 x 24  sold

Cross Roads 18 x 24

Doug Carving  30 x 23


Evening Glow 20 x 30

No comments: