Saturday, June 20, 2015

The flowering of spring Thursday june 17
Today is a perfect day, light breeze, sunshine, intense color, and the right temperature.
June has been a great month of fine weather and the abundance of growth and flowering, of fireflies in the evening, of frog songs of birds songs of the smell of lilacs and fields of lupins swaying in the breeze. My flower gardens are at the height of flowering and I spend a lot of time getting pleasure from looking at everything. The vegetable garden is doing well also and I am eating green already. I have spent a lot of time outside weeding and planting, walking the dog, and I have also been painting some. My strength and energy is much better. I am tired my days end and fall asleep as soon as I get into bed.
There was a good turnout for my reception at Tidemark, very few people have been in since and no sales but I didn't do anything to promote it. It is up to the end of June. I always have paintings at Tidemark along with about eight other artists.  It is the only gallery I am in right now.  Doug has been up  mowing and weedwacking. I can't keep up with outside work. It is always overgrown but is more beautiful to me then some well kept gardens. People around here are always mowing their lawns which are huge and need riding mowers. I am not into lawns, I like the fields and wildflowers.  The  fields are where the fireflies hang out in the evening.
Below are this years gardens.
























1 comment:

Katherine Dunn/Apifera Farm said...

I am enthralled with your posts! Since we are hoping to move to Waldoboro from Maine, as I just mentioned- my husband is a landscaper and your gardens are beautiful! I don't like mowing lawans either and our gardens are very free, with dill and thistle interspersed. I know you will miss Maine-but in Eugene you can take comfort that there will be things you can grow that will be exciting for you! You home looks so beauitful...and so lived in, and loved.