Saturday, March 22, 2014

It is spring?  It was snowing today.
Because the last post was spring I forgot how to do it. Doug refreshed my memory. He and Christine came up for my birthday.
Doug came up this winter when we had a storm. When we checked the barn studio the rain was leaking in the windows that the winter before had blown out and not fixed properly. While the rain was blowing in sideways into the studio Doug took out one window at a time and stapled plastic around the frame and as quicky as possible pushed each one back into the wall frame and nailed them in. It worked and so far has kept the water out. It was a miracle he showed up that weekend and handled a crisis I could't deal with.
Other than that winter was normal. I walked the dog, and kept the wood stove and pellet stove going. Because of the cold I had to buy more wood and pellets.The three chickens laid eggs all winter, two eggs a day. I am still eating vegatables fron the summer garden, carrots, cabbage and squash. I try to paint every day but have not painted as many paintings as usual.  I self published two books, one on my abstracts and one on interiors. I am working on realism now. These books are a record of my work.








No comments: