Monday, October 24, 2011

Hopper show

On the 14th of October  i saw the Hopper show in Brunswick at the Bowdoin College Art Museum.  It was a major show of about, my guess100 paintings, all painted in Maine. Most of the paintings i had never seen before in books or the Boston show a few years back. It was exciting and inspiring to see. I bought the catalog book. I love my art books. Some people have said my architectural paintings remind them of Hopper, I do not try to emulate Hopper however most  artists are influenced by other artists works that they like, and Hopper is one of my favorite painters.

Audreyspaintings65_2

Waldoboro Village, Winter

 


P1010278

Windy Day, acrylic  22x17

 


P1010603

Hopper, House of the Fog Horn 11

 


P1010600

Hopper, House of the Fog Horn 111

 http://www.bechler-arts.com/audrey/paintings/newwork_fr.html 

No comments: